Are you looking to help your students continue to write and create WOW sentences and paragraphs? Have you been searching for the best way to engage your writers? This resource is PERFECT to help your students. Writing is an important skill to practice daily and this package includes various sentence structures and sentence starters to help get them started. There are 3 levels of differentiation in this work for most weeks.
Find out how students can learn how to write various sentence types and how to enrich them further. High-resolution photos to inspire creative and thoughtful writing from your students. are also included.
This set of activities focuses on building just that. There is a terms work that can be completed whole class, small group, paired or individually. It is meant to be a 10 to 15 minute warm up each day to revise and refresh student learning and to support the work already done in class. This Power Points reflects the learning for a Year 6, Term 2 but can be used whenever the need arises to either teach, reinforce or assess.
Another fabulous resource that helped to strengthen my student’s ability to improve their sentences.
This was my first year teaching at a new school which implements Sentence A Day. The graphics prooved a fantastic way to revamp the program and engage the kids.
* Folder of single images from the Teacher PowerPoint
*Teacher PowerPoint– notes for teaching under each slide -please ensure that you have the software to open it.
*Digital PowerPoint for students to complete -students need to be in edit mode
*A PDF with a link for the Google Slides™ version -students need to be in edit mode
*PDF of Printable Student Worksheets
*Editable Program- term overview
* Assessment Rubric
There are generally 2 various activities per week that can be used for differentiation of where you students need revision or extra practise.
⭐These activities support Term 2 program.
1. Lesson focus: 2 activities – Compound sentences & Imaginative, Informative or persuasive paragraphs
2. Lesson focus: 2 activities- Adverbs & Haiku Poetry
3. Lesson focus: Descriptive Paragraphs
4. Lesson focus: 2 activities- Adjectives & Descriptive Paragraphs
5. Lesson focus: 2 activities-Adjectival Phrases and Persuasive Paragraph Writing
6. Lesson focus: 2 activities-Direct or Quoted Speech and Comic Strip (INON DIGITAL)
7. Lesson focus: 2 activities-inverted sentences, Different ways to enhance a sentence captions, simile
8. Lesson focus: 2 activities-Improving sentences
9. Lesson Focus: 2 activities-Improving Sentences, complex and compound and Personification
10. Lesson focus: Assessment
Write a short descriptive paragraph about a stimulus image using their knowledge from this term to engage their reader.
⭐Use this resource for… ✔ Homework ✔ Morning Work ✔ Literacy Centres ✔ Early Finisher Tasks ✔ Sentence Intervention
⭐WHY PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE?
*Includes ALL future updates
* It’s Low Prep (print and go pages).
*Your students will become better writers.
*The worksheets can be printed with a moment’s notice and are ready to go for your students to use.
*Great for classrooms, home-school families
*Digital and Printer-friendly
Please read my TOU that is included in this document first, as many questions are answered there. This is for use by one teacher in one classroom. If you would like to share with your colleagues, PLEASE purchase a multiple license. Thank you :)
Copyright ©OnButterflyWings. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only.
Follow my Facebook page for giveaways and updates!