‘Textiles Design Features and Manufacturing Techniques’ is the ultimate guide to the design features and manufacturing techniques used in Textiles.
This resource was developed to be completed over two lessons as there is a PowerPoint presentation and worksheet that addresses design features (lesson 1) and a PowerPoint presentation that addresses manufacturing techniques (lesson 2). Use these PowerPoints and worksheets to help students strengthen their understanding of textiles design features and manufacturing techniques. The PowerPoints help act as a visual cue for students to connect their prior learning to the new content. Students can then apply their knowledge in the accompanying worksheets. These resources can be used in back to back lessons or separated as necessary.
Teacher instructions have also been included in this resource pack to simplify lesson preparation for busy teachers. This resource can be differentiated at the discretion of the teacher.
- 19 Slide PowerPoint on Textiles Design Features
- 1 x 5-page Textiles Design Features Worksheet
- 10 Slide PowerPoint on Textiles Manufacturing Techniques
- 1 x 5-page Textiles Manufacturing Techniques worksheet
- Teacher instructions
NSW NESA TEXTILES TECHNOLOGY 7 – 10 SYLLABUS (2019)
- identify design features and manufacturing techniques of textile items, for example: (ACTDEP049)
- label design features, eg darts, pockets and seams on a shirt
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
P2.2 develops competence in the selection and use of appropriate manufacturing techniques and equipment
H4.2 selects and justifies manufacturing techniques, materials and equipment for a specific end-use
- factors determining appropriate design, including environmental sustainability and manufacturing techniques
- evaluate a range of textile items to determine appropriate design features
SA SACE Design, Technology and Engineering (2020)
- review design features, processes, materials, and production techniques and apply creative thinking to the design of a solution
I1 Review the design features of products, processes, materials, systems, and/or production techniques.
ACARA Australian Curriculum Design & Technologies YRS 7-10
ACT BSSS Design and Textiles (2020)
NSW NESA TECHNOLOGY MANDATORY YEARS 7 – 8 SYLLABUS (2017)
QLD QCAA Fashion Applied Senior Syllabus (2019)
TAS TASC Design and Production (2016-2020)
VIC VCAA Product Design & Technology (2018-2023)
VIC VCAA VCE VET Applied Fashion & Technology (2018)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr12 (2020)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr11 (2016)