A fantastic Year 3 and 4 Narrative Kit that is mapped to include both ACARA (year 3 and 4) and NSW (stage 2) learning outcomes.
- Narrative structure class poster and example
- Narrative plot poster
- Transition words class poster
- Individual narrative cheat sheet cards
- 10 Narrative sentence starter cards
- Self-editing checklists
- Narrative planning sheet and example
- Example narrative
- Editing activity and answer sheet
- Character planning sheet and example
- Class Posters and examples: These can be printed and laminated to display in the classroom for reference.
- Individual narrative cheat sheet cards: Cut and laminate a class set of these cards and provide each student with a card for easy reference to narrative structure and some transition words and phrases.
- Narrative sentence starter cards: Copy and cut these cards and use as a whole class narrative writing activity or for additional support for children who need assistance generating an idea.
- Self-editing checklists: Use these checklists to guide students in self-editing their writing. Either use these as paper slips for children to glue in their books or laminate a class set for children to re-use with whiteboard markers.
- Narrative planning sheet and example: Use as a whole class activity on narrative planning or provide as extra support to students who would benefit from a graphic organiser to organise their thinking and ideas. Use the example to guide students on how to use the planning sheet.
- Example Narrative: This example narrative ties into most of the examples throughout this kit. Use a lesson introduction as an example narrative.
- Editing activity and answer sheet: This is an unedited version of the example narrative which can be used as a class activity when introducing the individual self-editing checklists. Allow students to use their editing checklists to read and edit the example narrative for errors. An answer sheet is included for your reference.
Possible further teaching to follow this worksheet:
- Ownership apostrophes
- Contraction words
- Speech marks
- Character planning sheet: Use this planning sheet when teaching about character development. When introducing this planning sheet, use the example to guide students and get them to complete a blank sheet on an alternative character from the example narrative (Sparky, Ryan’s sister). These planning sheets can be used when students are planning their own narratives.
ZIP File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Resource Type: Outcome Task
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.
There are no reviews yet.