Students explore the relationship between parents, caregivers and their dependants!
This task was created to challenge and engage students studying Community and Family Studies. It provides students with 22 engaging PowerPoint slides accompanied with current and relevant information and examples.
Students have the opportunity to investigate not only the roles of becoming a parent or carer but also the technological impacts and reasons behind parenthood and caring. This assists students to gain essential knowledge about becoming a parent or carer, the preparations, roles and relationships it involves. There are a range of questions for the students to complete to extend students critical and creative thinking.
This is designed to be a task that students can complete from home during the COVID-19 pandemic or alternatively students can complete this task in the classroom. This task can be easily printed out and given to students. It can be differentiated for individual students needs at the discretion of the teacher.
- 22 engaging PowerPoint slides with syllabus content and information.
- 6 A3 posters on types of parents which can be printed and displayed in the classroom.
- 6-page PDF and Word Document with NSW syllabus links and student activities.
HSC Community and Family Studies
- H2.1 analyses different approaches to parenting and caring relationships.
- H2.2 evaluates strategies to contribute to positive relationships and the wellbeing of individuals, groups, families and communities.
Students Learn About:
Types of parents and carers
- biological parents
- social parents
- informal and formal
The roles of parents and carers
- satisfying the specific needs of the dependant
- building a positive relationship with the dependant
- promoting the wellbeing of the dependant
Preparations for becoming a parent or carer
- changing health behaviours, eg nutrition, physical activity, social or spiritual connections
- enhancing knowledge and skills, eg education, information, training
- modifying the physical environment, eg housing, amenities, equipment
- organising finances, eg budgeting, saving, support payments
Resource Type: Outcome Task, PowerPoint, Activity,
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Microsoft Word Document- Microsoft PowerPoint
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.