Defining Resources will help your Community and Family Studies students get a good grasp on resources. The bright and engaging PowerPoint slides define specific resources including human and non-human, outline how resources are interchangeable and resource sustainability.
The student worksheet will also provide an opportunity for your students to review their knowledge of resources. The worksheet contains ten questions ranging in difficulty, with some designed to challenge your students to think critically about resources and how they are used in society.
Suggested answers and teacher instructions are also included in this resource to help make marking a breeze.
Give your students a colourful resource to help them gain a thorough understanding of human and non-human resources, their interchangeability and how resources can be sustained.
- 27 slide PowerPoint
- 8-page student worksheet
- Teacher instructions
- Sample answers
NSW Community and Family Studies – Stage 6 2016
Students learn about:
- defining resources
- specific resources
- human, eg energy, knowledge, intelligence, sight, language, skills and abilities, motivation.
- non-human, eg food, clothing, money, electricity, shelter
- interchangeability of resources
- resource sustainability (to conserve a resource)
Students learn to:
- describe a range of resources and explain how they assist in satisfying specific needs
- propose how resources could be interchanged to enhance wellbeing in a variety of situations
- outline strategies individuals use to conserve human and non-human resources
QLD QCAA Senior & Social Community Studies – 2019
2.1.1 Core topic 1: Personal skills
- What are examples of resources, both human and non-human?
- What are my available resources and how can I manage them successfully?
2.2.6 Elective 6: Into relationships
- How do I manage my emotions and resources?
- managing behaviour and resources, e.g. time
2.2.8 Elective 8: Money management
Consumer choices and values; limited resources vs unlimited wants
Resource Type: Powerpoint, worksheet.
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document Files, PowerPoint.
The Happiness Mission has been creating and delivering resources and Teacher PD since 2016.
Our mission is to arm teachers with effective time-saving resources and skills, so they can enjoy work-life balance. We want exceed the expectations of our teachers – because teachers go above and beyond in the classroom every day. And for that we say, thank you!
The Happiness Mission
The Happiness Mission
Lambton New South Wales 2299
No ratings found yet!