An engaging Life Skills resource to help students identify hazards in the kitchen.
This resource can be used and differentiated to meet a variation of student abilities. It is important for students to be able to confidently identify hazards so that they can be appropriately addressed for the safety of all those in the kitchen area.
This resource contains a hazard identification worksheet and a teacher answer sheet. There is also a written worksheet included that can be used to extend students.
- 1 x Hazard Identification Worksheet
- 1 x Hazard Identification Teacher Answers
- 1 x Student Worksheet
Resource Type: Digital Resource, PDF
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
› selects and safely applies a broad range of tools, materials and processes in the production of quality projects TE4-3DP
› follows safe practices in the use of tools, materials and processes for design projects TELS-4DP
Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
- identifies, assesses and manages the risks of injury and WHS issues associated with the handling of food FT5-2
FTLS-1 demonstrates hygienic and safe practices in the selection, handling and storage of food
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies
Year 7 & 8
- Analyse ways to produce designed solutions through selecting and combining characteristics and properties of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment (ACTDEK034)
- Select and justify choices of materials, components, tools, equipment and techniques to effectively and safely make designed solutions (ACTDEP037)
Year 9 & 10
Investigate and make judgements on how the principles of food safety, preservation, preparation, presentation and sensory perceptions influence the creation of food solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK045)