Get 11 lessons worth of Life Skills Food Selection and Health content in the one resource with this amazing pack!
The 26 slide Food Functions and Nutrient Sources PowerPoint covers a raft of content from the Life Skills Food Selection and Health syllabus including the functions of food in the body, the essential nutrients and their functions in the body, major sources of nutrients, food groups, balanced diets and nutritional value. As students work through the PowerPoint, they can complete the questions and fun activities in the 9 corresponding worksheets.
A lesson plan with teacher instructions has also been included in this resource to help teachers implement this resource in the classroom. This lesson plan also features a detailed breakdown of how to use this resource across the 11 lessons.
This resource has been developed for the Life Skills Food Selection and Health syllabus, however it can be used with students from a wide range of learning levels as an introduction to nutrients.
- 1 x 26-slide Food Functions and Nutrient Sources PowerPoint.
- 9 x worksheets (PDF)
- 1-page Functions of Food worksheet.
- 1-page Protein worksheet.
- 1-page Carbohydrate worksheet.
- 2-page Vitamins worksheet.
- 2-page Minerals worksheet.
- 1-page Water worksheet.
- 1-page Food Groups worksheet.
- 1-page Balanced Diet worksheet.
- 1-page Nutritional Value worksheet.
- Lesson plan with teacher instructions.