Looking for something to leave for a casual? Or maybe something to take the stress out of lesson planning?
Look no further. This resource is a one stop shop for everything you need to teach a fun and engaging textiles theory lesson on sustainability and fast fashion. Students will need a computer with the internet to research and complete the case studies on sustainability and fast fashion in textiles. This resource is easy to use as it comes with explicit teacher instructions and all the worksheets you need to keep your students actively involved in their learning for a whole lesson.
There are a variety of theory based activities that you can use to help students build connections between their learning and the real world. There are opportunities for autonomous learning, whole-class collaboration, whole-class discussion and student self-evaluation.
If you can’t be there to teach your students, leave them with a resource that you are confident in.
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
Students learn about:
Appropriate textile technology and environmental sustainability
- selection of appropriate technology in the industry
– resources, alternatives and limitations
- appropriate and sustainable textile resources
– government legislation
Student Learn to:
- discuss how the selection of resources and processes will impact upon the environment
- identify the problems of pollution and recycling of materials associated with the industry
- evaluate the impact of government legislation on the industry
NSW NESA TEXTILES TECHNOLOGY STAGE 5(2019)
Area of study: Textiles and Society
- examine a variety of factors that affect consumer demand, selection and use of textiles, for example: (ACTDEK040)
– sustainability and environmental concerns
ACARA Australian Curriculum Design & Technologies YRS 7-10
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr11 (2016)
- research examples of sustainability, including recycling methods for different fabric materials
- investigate at least one use of sustainable materials in textiles
▪ organic cotton
▪ PET bottles recycled into Tencel
VIC VCAA Product Design & Technology (2018-2023)
Unit 1 Sustainable Product Redevelopment
- approaches used by designers to incorporate sustainability practices in product design
Unit 2 Collaborative Design
- economic, environmental and social issues of sustainability related to design
QLD QCAA Fashion Applied Senior Syllabus (2019)
Elective: 2.2.6 Sustainable Clothing