We want you to feel ready and equipped to confidently teach Year 10 Food Technology. With this course, you’ll get units, assessments, marking criteria, recipes and work booklets, plus guidance to implement it all.
You’ll have 24/7 access to 5-hours of video content guiding you through teaching four topic areas; Food Service and Catering, Food for Specific Needs, Food for Specific Needs and Food Trends. Plus a breakdown of the syllabus changes from old syllabus to the new FOOD TECHNOLOGY 7–10 SYLLABUS (2019).
You will be guided through all of the resources included in the course, which are ready for you to use right away to teach your students the syllabus content in an engaging and fun way.
You’ll be stepped through all of the recipes, activities, student work-booklets, assessment tasks, marking criteria and units of work that are provided when you enrol into this online course.
Online Captivate Year 10 Food Technology’ is designed to assist teachers to involve students in the Year 10 Food Technology classroom. Increase student engagement in your Food Technology lessons by captivating your students’ attention and enthusiasm in a variety of appealing tasks.
We’ll also investigate the syllabus changes, so you walk into the classroom feeling ready and equipped.
- 5 hrs of video that guides you through teaching Food Technology
- Resources to use for classroom delivery and support, including:
- Annotated Syllabus
- 4 x Units of work
- 4 x Recipe booklets
- 4 x Student work-booklets
- 4 x Assessment tasks
- 4 x Marking criteria
- 2 x Assessment scaffolds
- Engaging activity ideas
- Course PowerPoint presentation of the course to re-visit at any time
- TPD’s support if you need any assistance throughout the course
Food teachers looking for new resources, strategies and ideas to teach students in Year 10. This course has been designed around the FOOD TECHNOLOGY 7–10 SYLLABUS (2019). The resources can be adapted to suit other states throughout Australia.
Everything you need to teach:
- Food Service and Catering
- Food for Specific Needs
- Food for Special Occasions
- Food Trends
Session 1: Captivate
- Syllabus changes
- Opportunities for Project Based Learning
- Scope and sequence
Session 2: Food Service and Catering
- Food Service and Catering highlights
- Food Service and Catering Assessment Task
- Food Service and Catering recipe ideas
Session 3: Food for Specific Needs
- Food for Specific Needs run down
- Food for Specific Needs Assessment Task
- Food for Specific Needs recipe ideas
Session 4: Food for Special Occasions
- Food for Special Occasions focus
- Food for Special Occasions Assessment Task
- Food for Special Occasions recipe ideas
Session 5: Food Trends
- Food Trends features
- Food Trends Assessment Task
- Food Trends recipe ideas
Online – 24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Teacher Professional Development hereby grants you (as a user) a limited, non-transferable licence to access and use company course content, for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your non- commercial, educational purposes. Once a Resource has been purchased, it cannot be used by any other individual without the purchase of an additional Resource (and the associated licence). If you are an organisation or school purchasing an individual licence on behalf of a teacher, then a single ‘transfer’ of this Resource licence is permitted from the organisation to the intended recipient; however, this licence may not then be reallocated to another user, or be shared between users, without the purchase of additional licences.
- Purchasing 1 (one) course above will allow access for 1 (one) individual teacher to access and complete the online course.
- Select “Group” when purchasing 2 (two) or more of the course.
- The quantity of a single course you purchase will be the quantity of teachers you’ll be able to enrol and will be included in the group. For example, if you purchase 3 (three) of a course, you will be able to enrol 3 (three) teachers, or 2 (two) teachers and yourself.
- The person who places the order is assigned as the ’group leader’. The group leader is able to enrol the additional teachers for the purchase group.
- To be eligible to purchase additional licences to use the resources, one member of faculty from your school will need to be enrolled in the online course. If your school is eligible, email [email protected]
for more information on additional licences.