Guide your students through a variety of historical, cultural and contemporary sources of inspiration used by textiles designers.
Increase student creativity by demonstrating the realm of influence and inspiration to your students.
• 9-slide PowerPoint presentation with embedded video examples
• 8-page Textiles student worksheet
• Teacher suggested answers
Use this resource to assist in covering key content areas from within Textiles.
Design and Technologies > Year 9, Year 10 > Design and Technologies Knowledge and UnderstandingACTDEK040
Textiles and Design Stage 6 > Year 12 > Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied IndustriesH6.1
– Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural knowledge represented in hand-printed fabrics
– mapping stories and histories on possum skin cloaks
– Japanese culture represented in shibori
Area of Study: Design
H6.1 analyses the influence of historical, cultural and contemporary developments on textiles
Core topic 1: Fashion culture
Content: Fashion history and trends
Design Fundamentals and Skills
historical, social and cultural sources of design inspiration
Units Sold: 3
|Digital or Physical|
Subscribe to our newsletter for 10% off
Sign up and save 10% on your first order of resources with TPD. Plus receive updates and notifications for new courses and resources via email.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.