Students can design their dream sports team’s uniform and mascot with this fun and engaging textiles resource!
Students are encouraged to describe their designs, consider the elements of design and evaluate the effectiveness of their uniform and mascot designs while working through the 11 page worksheet. They’re also given an opportunity to exercise their creative skills with fashion croquis included in the worksheet, allowing them to sketch their dream sports team designs.
This resource has been designed to meet outcomes and syllabus dot points in the NSW NESA Technology Mandatory and Textiles Technology Years 7-10 syllabi, however it can be used with students across a range of stages and learning levels.
- 1 x 11-page Dream Sports Team worksheet with fashion croquis.
- Lesson plan with teacher instructions.
NSW NESA TECHNOLOGY MANDATORY YEARS 7 – 8 SYLLABUS (2017)
TE4-1DP designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities
- generate and communicate the development of design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques, for example: (ACTDEP036) CT DT
– sketches, drawings and computer-aided designs (CAD)
– digital presentations
NSW NESA TEXTILES TECHNOLOGY YEARS 7-10 SYLLABUS (2019)
TEX4-4 Generates design ideas for textile items
TEX4-8 Uses appropriate technology to document, communicate and present design and project work
TEX5-4 Generates and develops textile design ideas
TEX5-8 selects and uses appropriate technology to creatively document, communicate and present design and project work.
- generate and develop design ideas using drawing and rendering techniques, for example: (ACTDEP049)
– scaled pencil sketches
– tonal colouring techniques using watercolour media
– graphics or CAD drawing programs
- use a variety of techniques to communicate and present the development of design ideas, for example:
– visual and graphical
– text based, eg word processing
– oral presentation
- evaluate the designing and producing of a textile item using a variety of techniques including self evaluation and peer evaluation, for example: (ACTDEP051)
– a self-reflection record, journal or blog
- explore the creative design approaches used by a variety of textile designers (ACTDEP049)
- investigate the elements of design, for example:
– line, direction, shape, size, colour, value and texture
ACARA Australian Curriculum Design & Technologies YRS 7-10
ACT BSSS Design and Textiles (2020)
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
QLD QCAA Fashion Applied Senior Syllabus (2019)
SA SACE Design, Technology and Engineering (2020)
TAS TASC Design and Production (2016-2020)
VIC VCAA Product Design & Technology (2018-2023)
VIC VCAA VCE VET Applied Fashion & Technology (2018)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr12 (2020)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr11 (2016)