A variety of teaching and learning activities to engage students in keeping food safe. This includes the HACCP process, checkpoints, legislation, food poisoning videos and a game of Bingo.
Created to assist delivery of elements around food safety. This pack includes a very detailed poster on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) with explicit examples at each step, HACCP check points in the food production cycle, Squish the Bugs Bingo with an extension to test terminology, student driven activity on legislation and interactive posters on food poisoning.
All posters can be printed to A3, A4, A5 or saved to learning platform eg Microsoft Teams or Google Classroom.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) poster – explicit examples for each step in the food safety plan. Can be printed as a quick reference sheet, A3 poster or saved to your learning platform.
- HACCP Checkpoints poster – describes each step in the food production cycle. Can be printed as a quick reference sheet, A3 poster or saved to your learning platform.
- Bingo – Squish the Bugs. 30 x playing cards, 2 x question cards, 1 x instructions. Use this resource for traditional bingo with counters or m&ms. Extend your students knowledge by stating the meaning rather than the word.
- Interactive food poisoning posters (x 11) linked with QR codes to video clips to extend learning:
- Bacteria – e coli, campylobacter, listeria, salmonella
- Toxins – bacillus cereus, staphylococcus aureus, clostridium botulinum and clostridium perfringens.
- Viruses – hepatitis A and rotavirus
Students can use a smart device (phone or iPad/tablet) open up camera function and hover over QR code to play the video.
- Legislation activity cards – Students to complete the activity cards on
- Food Act 2003
- Food Regulation 2015
- NSW Food Authority
- Food Amendment (Food safety supervisors Act 2009) NSW
- The Code – ANZFS
- Local governments food safety and inspection regimes
Note – if you have completed the Safe, Successful Service training these resources are included in the training resources.
It meets the elements from Certificate II Hospitality SIT20316 and Certificate II Kitchen Operations SIT20416; competencies include
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety [Mandatory unit]
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices [Stream focus area]
NSW Food Technology Stage 6 Syllabus H1.1 explains manufacturing processes and technologies used in the production of food products
ZIP File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File
ZIP Downloadable File Size: 4.83 MB | 84 pages
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.