This online course provides you with all the tools and resources to successfully teach Preliminary Design and Technology to your students. All from the comfort of your home!
You are provided with a range of teaching resources, live videos, PowerPoint slides, programs and exam examples to assist in effectively engaging your students. This is perfect for new teachers to the course, providing a basis to build your understanding and knowledge. It can also be a perfect refresher to help you update your ideas and motivate your students!
Design and Technology Stage 6 Teachers
- 3 x units of work including programs and a range of resources
- Assessment booklet with various assessment tasks and marking criteria
- Scaffolded portfolio guides
- Preliminary exam example
- Scaffolds for exam responses
- Guided PowerPoint presentation
- Setting up for success
- Introductory activities
- Design Thinking
- Effective research
- Production Settings
- Manufacturing and Production Processes
- Factors affecting management
- Cognitive Organisers
- Ways to create collaboration
- Communicating Ideas and Solutions
- Environmental and Social Issues
- Impact of design on society and the environment
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Project ideas – Where to start?
- Assessment grids
- Assessment tasks
- Portfolio Scaffolds
- Homework book
- Example tracker
- Revision resources
- Verb of the Week
- Exam breakdown
Online – 24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
Completing Online Preliminary Design & Technology – Stage 6 Success will contribute 3 hours of Elective PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.