An innovative way to teach the stages of the life cycle in an online learning space!
This resource was created to assist students in learning about the stages of the life cycle. It includes 2 PowerPoint presentations and a 4-page pdf for students to complete online.
PowerPoint 1: STAGES IN THE LIFE CYCLE includes 13 slides with information read to students that they may simply click to listen to. It contains aspects of recommended dietary intake and nutrient reference value tables for each stage in the lifecycle.
PowerPoint 2: HOW TO COMPLETE QUESTIONS includes 5 slides and a video showing students how to fill out the pdf using Adobe Acrobat. It contains 4 screenshots of the pdf and is narrated to explain how to complete each question. Students can simply click to listen.
This is a diverse resource that can be used to meet a series of outcomes and dot points from a variety of NSW syllabi and the Australian Curriculum. Students can go through the PowerPoint at their own pace and then complete the questions and activities in the pdf worksheet. This resource was created to be used digitally or physically depending on the needs and abilities of students. This is to be decided by the teacher and differentiated for students at the teacher’s discretion.
Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
› explains how the characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques for healthy eating TE4-6FO
› designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities TE4-1DP
• explore the nutritional needs of a group of people, e.g. adolescents, toddlers
• plan nutritious dish(es) to suit a group within society, for example: – high calcium and iron for adolescents
• identify a range of food preparation techniques and analyse the impact on nutrient value (ACTDEK033)
Life Skills – Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
› designs or prepares solutions for healthy eating TELS-7FO
• identify nutritional needs for groups of people, e.g. adolescents, toddlers
• participate in planning dishes to suit an identified need, using ICT as appropriate
• identify a range of food preparation techniques and their purposes
Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› describes the relationship between food consumption, the nutritional value of foods and the health of individuals and communities FT5-6
› communicates ideas and information using a range of media and appropriate terminology FT5-9
• investigate nutritional requirements throughout the life cycle, for example:
• describe nutritional requirements for each stage of the life cycle
• investigate Recommended Dietary Intake (RDI) for various life stages and design and prepare meals to meet specific groups
Life Skills – Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› recognises the nutritional value of food items FTLS-3
• explore major sources of food nutrients, for example:
– protein in meat
– carbohydrates in cereal grains
– vitamins in fruits and vegetables
– minerals, e.g. calcium in dairy foods
• identify stages of the life cycle, for example:
• explore different nutritional requirements for each stage of the life cycle, for example:
– breast milk for infants
– nutritionally rich foods for growing children
– protein, calcium and iron needs for adolescents
– iron and folate needs during pregnancy
– protein and calcium needs for the aged
Stage 6 Food Technology Syllabus 2009
P2.1 explains the role of food nutrients in human nutrition
P3.1 assesses the nutrient value of meals/diets for particular individuals and groups
• nutritional requirements throughout the life cycle
• investigate the recommended dietary intake of energy, protein, vitamins and minerals for particular individuals and groups using appropriate data such as RDI tables in print or electronic format.
• select foods to provide a balanced intake of nutrients for particular individuals and groups to meet a variety of nutritional needs.
• preparation techniques to produce nutritious foods
• nutritional considerations for specific groups
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies Year 7 & 8
Analyse how characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques and presentation when designing solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK033)
Generate, develop, test and communicate design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques (ACTDEP036)
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies Year 9 & 10
Investigate and make judgements on the ethical and sustainable production and marketing of food and fibre (ACTDEK044)
Investigate and make judgements on how the principles of food safety, preservation, preparation, presentation and sensory perceptions influence the creation of food solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK045)
Develop, modify and communicate design ideas by applying design thinking, creativity, innovation and enterprise skills of increasing sophistication (ACTDEP049)
Resource Type: Digital Resource, PDF, PowerPoint
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, PowerPoint
Technology Mandatory Years 7–8 > Year 7, Year 8 > Agriculture and Food TechnologiesTE4-6FO
Technology Mandatory Years 7–8 > Year 7, Year 8 > Agriculture and Food TechnologiesTE4-1DP
Technology Mandatory Years 7–8 > Lifeskills > Agriculture and Food TechnologiesTELS-7FO
Food Technology Years 7–10 > Year 9, Year 10 > Food Selection and HealthFT5-6
Food Technology Years 7–10 > Year 9, Year 10 > Food Selection and HealthFT5-9
Food Technology Years 7–10 > Lifeskills > Food Selection and HealthFTLS-3
Design and Technologies > Year 7, Year 8 > Design and Technologies Knowledge and UnderstandingACTDEK033
Design and Technologies > Year 7, Year 8 > Design and Technologies Processes and Production SkillsACTDEP036
Design and Technologies > Year 9, Year 10 > Design and Technologies Knowledge and UnderstandingACTDEK044
Design and Technologies > Year 9, Year 10 > Design and Technologies Knowledge and UnderstandingACTDEK045
Design and Technologies > Year 9, Year 10 > Design and Technologies Processes and Production SkillsACTDEP049
Units Sold: 8
|Choose User Licence|
|Digital or Physical|
Subscribe to our newsletter for 10% off
Sign up and save 10% on your first order of resources with TPD. Plus receive updates and notifications for new courses and resources via email.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.