Boost your student’s fashion design expertise with this fabric colouration & manipulation technique manual!
Increase student creativity by demonstrating the realm of fabric manipulation techniques to inspire and educate your students.
Use this resource to assist your students to embellish and experiment with a range of fabric finishes to liven up any project.
- 9-page fabric colouration & manipulation manual with technique instructions and relevant youtube tutorial links.
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
Fabric colouration and decoration
- principles of applying colour to fabrics
- methods of fabric decoration, including printing, dyeing, appliqué and embroidery
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 5 SYLLABUS (2019)
examine methods of colouration and decoration used by textile designers, for example: (ACTDEK046)
- beading, embroidery, appliqué
- fabric manipulation
- digital textile printing
investigate at least one technique of colouration and decoration, for example
- sublimation printing on a T-shirt
- fabric manipulation for a cushion or soft furnishing surface