This Hospitality session will encompass a variety of engaging teaching and learning strategies for the following units of competency:
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001) [Mandatory unit]
- Participate in safe food handling practices. (SITXFSA002) [Focus area]
- Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (SITHCCC005) [Focus area]
- Serve food and beverage (SITHFAB007) [Focus area]
- Participate in safe work practices (SITXWHS001) [Mandatory unit]
Resources from this training –
- Units of work/program for each competency listed above with explicit teaching and learning strategies. Linked with Training package and NESA requirements.
- Student workbooks and activity sheets.
- Posters linked with QR Codes to videos
- Includes over 130 resources, e.g. course notes, smart device applications, games, videos and PowerPoints just to name a few.
Audience: If you are currently delivering Certificate II in Kitchen Operations SIT20416 OR Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 this course is for you.
Session One: Keep Food Safe
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices.
- Teaching and learning activities based on the above units of competency–
- Organisational food safety programs.
- Hygiene and food safety procedures.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) practices.
- Reporting hygiene hazards and non-compliant organisational practices accurately.
- Handling food safely during: storage, preparation, display, service and disposal of food.
- Food safety program procedures.
Session Two: Lets Cook in a Safe Workplace
SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- Teaching and learning activities based on the above unit of competency –
- Selecting ingredients.
- Select, prepare and use appropriate equipment.
- Portion and prepare ingredients.
- Cook dishes.
- Present and store dishes appropriately.
Session Three: Successful Service in a Safe Workplace
SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- Teaching and learning activities based on the above competency –
- Prepare for food and beverage service.
- Welcoming and advising customers.
- Order taking and processing orders.
- Serving food and drinks.
- Clearing food and drinks.
- Complete end of shift duties.
Session Four: Workplace safety
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- Teaching and learning strategies around the above unit of competency
- Working safely in industry.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for emergency situations.
- Participating in organisational WHS practices.
Online – 24/7 access to learn at your own pace.