A fantastic resource to use for online learning that teaches students about the Influences on Food Selection through visual cues and engaging examples.
This 50 page PowerPoint Presentation assists students with the content surrounding influences on food selection.
This PowerPoint presentation has an accompanying 4-page worksheet for students to complete after going through the PowerPoint.
The PowerPoint covers psychological, physiological, social and economic factors that influence food selection in depth. This resource was created to assist students either in an online or face to face setting. This resource can be used with a variety of stages.
- 5-page student worksheet
- 50-page PowerPoint presentation spread across the four areas:
PLEASE NOTE: This resource includes the same information and is a digital version of Influences on Food Selection – Physical Pack
Resource Type: Digital Resource, PowerPoint, Worksheet, Outcome Task.
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, PowerPoint
Year 7 – Year 10 Food Technology syllabus 2019
› justifies food choices by analysing the factors that influence eating habits FT5-7
- Stage 5 content dot point
- Examine influences on food selection, for example:
Stage 6 Food Technology Syllabus 2003
- Outcome: P1.2 – accounts for individual and group food selection patterns in terms of physiological, psychological, social and economic factors.
PDHPE K–10 Syllabus 2018
- Stage 4 outcome
- PD4-6 recognises how contextual factors influence attitudes and behaviours and proposes strategies to enhance health, safety, wellbeing and participation in physical activity
- Stage 4 dot point:
- examine influences on peoples’ behaviours, decisions and actions (ACPPS074)
- Stage 5 outcome
- PD5-6 critiques contextual factors, attitudes and behaviours to effectively promote health, safety, wellbeing and participation in physical activity
- Stage 5 dot point
- analyse the contextual factors that have an impact on the health, safety, wellbeing and participation in physical activity of individuals and groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies
Year 7 & 8
- Analyse how characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques and presentation when designing solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK033)
Year 9 & 10
- Investigate and make judgements on how the principles of food safety, preservation, preparation, presentation and sensory perceptions influence the creation of food solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK045)